Holidaying in N.Z.

Holidaying in N.Z.
Our favourite holiday spot N.Z.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

A kiss from France - lest we forget











In my box of trerasures I have this beautiful cross stitch sent to my Great Aunty Elsie from my Great Uncle Levi during World War I. The ladies in France did them and the soldiers bought them to send home to their loved ones. In the picture here to the right of the page is my great Uncle and next to him my great aunt to whom he sent the card. It is indeed a family heirloom.
My Uncle George (mothers brother), then Great Aunty Leah, lady unknown, Great Aunty Elsie and Great Uncle Levi - no date on photo. But would be maybe early 1930 ish..

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful treasure! Isn't it amazing the patriortism of old? I'm drafting a blog myself regarding our military and including an interview with a special friend who lived through the trials of WWII; hope you'll stop by and read it on 5/5.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing momentos of the past, you are so lucky to have them kept by the family to pass on through the generations.

    ReplyDelete