Holidaying in N.Z.

Holidaying in N.Z.
Our favourite holiday spot N.Z.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Winterfest and tea cosy finished

I finished my very first tea cosy

Beer tasting stall
(I had a tea instead)


The program for the winterfest and a cute little magnet for the fridge made out of Huon pine, couldn't resist it, maybe I can collect the set!



















Chocolate penguins in a shop front display and the very cute little town of Latrobe with the trees and signs.



Today we went to the Chocolate winterfest in Latrobe, the most amazing tea cosy's were on display but I wasn't able to photograph them. they were part of an international travelling tea cosy display and were from all over the world.

(It was called the M.A.I.D. 4 .T World Tea cosy comp with 34 entries,)


There were lots of chocolate displays and chocolate, but my hubby's favourite stall was the beer tasting where you got five tasters for five dollars. All from small breweries around our Island state. It was a very cold day but being true Tasmanians we were rugged up for it, hats, gloves, coats etc. It was a lovely day. And I bought a little tea pot for my new tea cosy that I made, $2.00 at Lifeline, what a bargain!!!

5 comments:

  1. The tea cosy is lovely :) What a lovely idea to have a chocolate festival, I would definitely be there if I were closer :)
    Sue Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous tea Cosy Jude. Glad you had a great day.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tea cosy, the festival looked so good, it makes me want to eat those choccy penguins!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh No - missed it again! Every year I plan to go to Latrobe's Winterfest, and every year the weekend is already booked:(

    I wish I was a decent knitter, there are so many gorgious tea cosy patterns about... Yours is lovely.

    Cheers, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see your finished tea cosy Jude, it looks very nice on your new teapot, I love teapots, and hope to collect some more when we get some more space, I like to have them displayed and not shoved away in a cupboard, What a good idea to have a beer and chocolate fest, keeps everyone happy :) !!! x x x x

    ReplyDelete