Holidaying in N.Z.

Holidaying in N.Z.
Our favourite holiday spot N.Z.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

My old dolly basket




I was reminiscing this weekend and cleaning out a cupboard and thought you might like to see my old dolly cradle. I remember quite well going away one week-end to our family shack on the North west coast of Tasmania and stopping at a little town called Wynyard on the way. Mum took me for a walk while Dad was busy putting "something" in the boot of the car. Little did I know it was my birthday present ( I think I was maybe six or seven - Chrisartist may remember exactly how old I was) I loved this cradle and think it would be the most favoured present I ever received from my Mum and Dad. Hanging over the edge is a white crochet baby blanket my dear old mum made for me when I was pregnant in 1980, it was used by both my girls and still is in perfect condition, packed away with baby layette that mum also made. Aren't memories truly beautiful?


3 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful Cradle Jude and I always loved having it in our room.
    Many years later, I would run a children's playcentre with the exact cradle and I thought of you every day I tucked the dollies in bed!!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cradle Jude, I'm sure you had lots of fun putting your doliies to sleep in it, it's wonderful you still have it and the baby blanket and layette set your mum made, I treasure things my mum made too. These are the antiques of the future.
    Lovely story from your childhood !! x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keepsakes are oh! so precious and with two girls , I bet your lovely cradle has had many delightful years of use.

    ReplyDelete