Holidaying in N.Z.

Holidaying in N.Z.
Our favourite holiday spot N.Z.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My 48 year old dolly


Today I was having a clean out in my cupboard and I found my very dear old baby doll. I was given this dolly when I was three by my then brother in law, she has seen better days! On one hand I chewed off one of her fingers when I used to carry her around. Her neck is a bit cracked and has been re-glued, and her eye-brows have fallen out in patches. My sister made the outfit a few years ago from a doona cover I bought from a friend - so re-cycling is the go! I shall pop her back in the cupboard now - she sits in a cradle that my parents bought me when I was maybe eight years old too. Funny how I have kept both these special things for so long, will kids of today do the same?????

2 comments:

  1. She's beautiful xxx
    You are right, I wonder if todays kids will do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe if it was hand made, but what would be the point in saving something plastic and mass produced.

    ReplyDelete