Holidaying in N.Z.

Holidaying in N.Z.
Our favourite holiday spot N.Z.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Farewell to our dear old Ruby



Today we had to say goodbye to our dear old Ruby. She was so much more than a dog, she really was like our other child, thoroughly spoilt rotten, but then we wouldn't have had it any other way. Sixteen and a half years of pure happiness, it really is hard letting go. I am so glad to have had this beautiful painting done of Ruby by a talented lady who was finishing her degree at TAFE a couple of years ago and was looking for pets to paint. She captured Ruby so well.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that Jude, I know she will be dearly missed :(
    the painting is a lovely tribute, how lovely that you have it. RIP Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Jude, the loss of a fur baby is never easy.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling well :)) How wonderful to have a painting of her.. So sorry Jude, Take care ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so sorry! I can only imagine how sad you must feel right now. Sending you xoxos.

    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about Ruby, Jude. Pets are truly part of the family and they leave a huge gap when they depart. Every day with our elderly lab is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I and Mou hug you strong..... yuo cannot believe me, but Mou is quite similar to your beautiful Ruby, ciao Flavia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm so sorry too. Our last dog was named Jupiter and lived for 16 years as well. Hugs from Munich :)

    ReplyDelete