Holidaying in N.Z.

Holidaying in N.Z.
Our favourite holiday spot N.Z.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Vintage re-cycled for my friend Dendra

Starting

End result.



Reverse side















A little pocket to pop things in.











D for Dendra.













I put this little patch on to hide a hole.















The cloth before














My dear friend Dendra loved my apron from an old tablecloth, so she asked me to make one for her out of a very old cloth her Mum had hand stitched, Dendra remembers her mum sitting and hand stitching them when she was a little girl - so this cloth could be roughly 45 years old. I turned it into a full apron and backed it with stripey blue, this way she could wear it on the blue side - display the cloth side. I even attached a D for Dendra on the front. It is her birthday next sunday so I will surprise her with it then when I take her out for morning tea. Hopefully it will bring back many happy memories of her dear old Mum who is no longer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment